Frequently Asked Questions
Thanks to the four purrcise weight sensors with 0.03 oz (1g) accuracy, the AutoEgg performs automatic self-cleaning 5 mins after detecting the presence of 0.17+ oz (5+ g) of your cat's waste.
• Automatic Self-Cleaning: 5 mins after detecting the presence of 5+ g (0.17 oz) of waste; Plus, self-clean every day at 3 & 9 a.m., and 3 & 9 p.m. in auto mode.
• Health Log: Records a log of date, time, duration, weight, and waste data after every use.
• Cat-Stuck Prevention: Keep your cats safe with sensors to detect any sudden change in weight and pause the clean process.
• Odor-Seal: Traps litter in the waste bin to minimize odors and keep your litter box clean.
• Ultra-Silent: You can chill out and sleep without worry of disruptions.
It depends on your cat’s behavior and your personal preference. We recommend deep cleaning every 2 to 6 weeks. Click here for a video guide to quickly disassemble for deep cleaning.
Follow along with this short video tutorial:
The AutoEgg uses a capacitative sensor as a part of the screen. This means that the screen responds to touch rather than magnetic fields or film overlays, like other touch screens. It's always best to utilize a "long press" style touch when interacting with our touchscreen menus.
If the screen is not responding to a longer press, there may be some litter stuck in the display panel. Use a needle, thin strip of plastic, or a thin toothpick to remove the litter from the perimeter of the screen. Then, gently press down on all four corners of the screen at the same time until the touchscreen functionality returns.
The rake was improperly attached to the motor base.
To detach and reattach the rake, please watch this explanation and tutorial video.
There are a few reasons, follow these steps to troubleshoot:
• Check your cat’s weight. The automatic cleaning after each waste deposited only works for cats above 2 kg (4.4 lb.). *If you have a kitten that weighs less than 4.4 lbs, power on your AutoEgg, then place any object above 4.4 lbs for 15 seconds to activate the four-time automatic cleaning throughout the day.
• Make sure the AutoEgg is placed on a hard and flat surface, is not touching a wall or other objects, and is a safe distance from air vents or high-power appliances.
• Unplug and re-plug the power cord to reset the weight sensors whenever after you touch the AutoEgg (add litter, move the AutoEgg, or enclose the hood, etc).
• Check the two metal clickers inside the touchscreen side rail to make sure they are clickable. Unsure where they are? Check out this short video.
• Check that the cleaning mode is set to “Automatic” and not “Manual” in the settings menu.
• Press the “Sensor” button in the settings menu to reset the weight sensors.
• Make sure to set the AutoEgg setting to "Auto Mode" using the touchscreen.
• Prepare two items: one to simulate a cat weighing 4.4 lb (2 kg) or more, and one to simulate waste (you can use the scooper).
• Unplug and re-plug the power cord to restart the AutoEgg.
• Place both items inside with the heavier first and the lighter second.
• Wait 15 seconds, and then remove the cat weight.
• Wait an additional 10 to 15 seconds. The touchscreen should display the weight log.
• Wait 5 minutes, and the automatic cleaning should run all on its own!
No. That is a normal, usually unobtrusive light that indicates that the AutoEgg is receiving power to its internal components. We've included this as a way to check for power in the event the touch screen is not functioning properly.
To ensure safety, the AutoEgg comes with the Cat-Stuck-Prevention function. If your cat enters before the cleaning rake moves back to the starting position, it will stop instantly and resume in five minutes.
Your cat may enter the AutoEgg and use the bathroom behind the rake during this period.
We warrant the Original Retail Purchaser and no other purchaser or subsequent owner of the product. The warranty covers normal and proper residential use and defects in material or workmanship for one year from the purchase date.
We're happy to provide free customer service to AutoEgg users.
If a repair is required, we can provide free parts and labors.
Please note that the customer is responsible for the two-way shipping of the defective unit for repair and the return shipping back to the customer in this event.
If for any reason a customer opens the side panel or the bottom plate the customer will void the warranty of the product.
If you or your cats are not satisfied for any reason with your new AutoEgg, return it postmarked within 30 days from the purchase date for a full refund of the purchase price, excluding shipping cost you paid.
You must obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. We do not accept responsibility for return shipments without an RMA number. To request one, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Responses come in 1-2 business days.)
We prefer the units returned in their original packaging. Our box is designed to cradle the unit to prevent any damage during shipping. Without the original box, we can't guarantee that more damage to the ChillX AutoEgg won't occur during shipping and handling. The customer is responsible for the shipping costs.
Once the unit is received, it will be inspected for damage and functionality, with notations added to the order file. If the AutoEgg is missing parts or accessories, or damage is caused by improper shipping methods, these items base cost will be deducted from your final refund. 15% of the original purchase price will be deducted as a cleaning fee if it's not thoroughly cleaned.
*PLEASE NOTE: Reconditioned Units are not eligible for the 30 Day Return Policy, though they do qualify for our 12 Month Warranty.
Due to limited staffing during COVID-19, our inspection process will take roughly 5-20 business days to complete once the unit is received. We have limited the number of staff in our returns office to keep our employees safe during this time.
Keep in mind that it may take your payment provider 3-10 business days or longer to deposit the money into your account.
If the customer is eligible to receive a replacement unit but refuses to comply with our return procedures as requested by the support team the customer will effectively be voiding their warranty for the unit from there on out.
At this time, we do not ship outside of the U.S. or Canada. If you use a forwarder service to have your unit shipped outside of the U.S. or Canada you will effectively void your return and warranty for any purchase through ChillX.co